Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our love to MBK

Donncha is back in Bangkok this week on a conference and I am feeling a tad bit envious. I just came off the phone with him in the middle of the main dinner for the event .....sounded like he was having a terrible time.

It's coming up to three months since we've left Bangkok and first and foremost I must say that we miss the Sriram family - our friends and neighbours from the apartment below. This evening as usual Jack was the last to go to sleep and he always goes through a list of people around him and I always answer that they are asleep to encourage him to do the same. After listing cousins, Aunties & staff (of course in no particular order) he mentioned "ahul" & "oohan" followed by "auntie" which though he has plenty aunties (and who doesn't?) I guessed meant Savita as he said it immediately after the boys. So a big hellooo to the Sriram family. Savita has a girls weekend away trip coming up - hope you have a fantastic time and do plenty of shopping!

Shopping....I do miss MBK.....my tshirt lady.....children's clothes lady...... or just endless walking around tourist souvenirs (but never to buy....go somewhere else for that). A morning walk around MBK was always followed by lunch usually at the food court. Contrary to what many Bruneians think Halal food is not difficult to come by in Bangkok as the city has a sizeable Muslim population. The main MBK foodcourt has 3 Muslim stalls and another 2 not serving pork. My favorites were the seafood noodles, vegetarian stalls and of course the somtam. And a meal there was always followed by a tall glass icecream in Swensens ... all guilt free when I was pregnant..... guess that's all what I'm trying to walk off today!

No comments: