Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A buffet to make grown men cry!

This blog has often emphasized on the economical advantages of living in Asia over Europe and our brunch on Sunday was a perfect example of this. This was also another reason why we chose the Ritz-Carlton as our hotel - Donncha and I, since we met have had a passionate affair with this brunch which in our opinion rivals non other.
The offerings available on Sunday met up to our expectations. There were 10 types of oysters - from France, Australia and New Zealand - and we tried all. We followed that with pan-fried fois gras - yes I had too much! There were amazing salads to graze on and we nibbled. Mains were a mix of European/Asian but we stuck to the rare rib roast - and we went back for more.


Deserts were the only pictures I managed to take and they were very good especially the crepes, souffle and fresh strawberries. And there was cheese - over 50 varieties - where does one start or finish?!!!




So we over indulged and this is not a lunch to have too often but at S$150 a head it's a good deal - that's 50 stg / 75 euro - a standard meal for one in Ireland! Oh and I forgot to mention free flow of vintage champers and cocktails and all in 4 hours!! 

3 comments:

Eileen said...

How do you manage to keep down the weight eating like this. it looks scrumptious. I wish i had some now . enjoy . eileen cork.

Maria said...

Hi Eileen, with much difficulty. Donncha is back running and I yet have to start!

Sas Monroe said...

oh my. did they make a cromcombouche out of strawberries kah?? nice one. hehe. and foie gras..lol u had it me at hello!! me thinks that one can NEVER have too much foie gras!!!!! *drools*