Sunday, April 24, 2011

Eggy Kids Hash

The Easter kids run is one of the highlights in the kids hash calendar. Its messy, eggy and for many (not me!) plenty of fun. We had a big turnout for the run last sunday, the highest for any run in a while.

The "run" itself was excellent. Iman had gone ahead with her friends so Donncha and I only had the boys on the medium trail. Diplo is my favorite site anyway and the hares did not disappoint us. It was probably the best kiddies hash run we ever did - such a magical site Diplo! And the boys even ran some sections - just think in a few years we will have to keep up with them!



After the shout out it was on to the egg throwing. Nobody knows exactly when this was started or what we are really supposed to do. My understanding two years ago was to pair up and throw eggs for the other to catch. Inevitably it all goes into a throwing frenzy and this year it escalated to that pretty quickly.



And the result, very very eggy people. I can't do raw eggs so I treaded around very carefully, taking pictures from a good distance!







And of course Ayden had to do funny faces with special friend Alex.


No comments: