Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Hash Night Dinners

My inspiration for our dinner this evening came from a foodie blog I read a couple of days ago - the humble beef stew. My mother-in-law Liz in Ireland does a fantastic beef stew especially good on cold winter nights. And in Brunei I've decided it's a great dinner for hash night. But I don't think I could get away with serving it at a dinner party - I can already hear Gavin Cowley's voice ringing in my ears - "Beef stew?! Is that the best you could come up with?" - actually I lie, I have served beef stew once but it was Guinness beef stew for a St Patrick's Day party - I had to include something Irish in the buffet - what was I thinking of entertaining 30 people with only 4 weeks to Jack's birth!

Thankfully the kids enjoyed their dinner this evening. I am not a foodie blogger / stew expert so no tips on this blog. I ended up having roti w/curry sauce and a few bevies after a long grueling hash through the jungle. Guess with plenty of frozen beef stew it will be the same for next Tuesday unless of course ...we decide to have a dinner party over the weekend! 

No comments: