Friday, July 18, 2008

Familiar face around the house


For the past two weeks my a familiar face has been staying with my parents - my brother Rizal. To cut a long story short, Rizal first came to live with us when I was about three and he was probably 5. But by the time he was 18 he moved on. We did not hear from him for years but occasionally received news from his birth mother. A couple of months ago he called out of the blue and came to see us. It was strange to see him again after all these years. To me he had aged (sorry Rizal - but hey I'm no teenager either!) and matured. He now lives in KL and on a monthly rotational basis travels to work in Sakhalin, Russia to an offshore platform where he is a drilling engineer. It was nice to see him home again and the kids got to know their new uncle. Hopefully on his next visit he will bring his new wife Nurul - they get married at the end of this month in KL.

Rizal & Nurul - hope the wedding plans go smoothly and Nurul, we hope to meet you soon.

No comments: