Friday, April 24, 2009

Book Character Parade

Last week was Book Week at JIS. Class activities emphasized on books and reading. There were book swaps, older kids reading to the younger ones and also mystery readers - I volunteered my services to Jack's Mouse class. Jack was very good and listened to the much enjoyed Room on the Broom but as soon as it was over he crept up and said he wanted to go home, obviously thought he had shared me enough! 

The week culminated with the highly anticipated dressing up as a book character and a parade for the little ones. Iman chose to go as a fairy from the Glitterwings Academy series. I had problems chosing a character for Jack and all he wanted was to be a superhero until I remembered a Halloween costume that Donncha bought him a couple of years ago and hey presto, we have Count Dracula! He loved wearing it but drew the line when I started drawing red  fangs on the corners of his mouth. 


Jack's classmate Ian was a dinosaur and I thought his mum put in great effort into his costume.

Nina was Polly's sick dolly

Iman as Twink and I think Alania behind was another character from the book

Jack and classmates

Snow White with a pirate



Older kids were given these tags to match the character and Jack was one of them

Iman with her classmates

No comments: