Friday, August 16, 2013

Hari Raya 2013

As per pervous years it was a great build-up to Hari Raya. The sighting of the new moon adds to the suspense of will it or wont it be Hari Raya. And for us this year it wasn't. It gave us another day to fast and prepare but unusually we already has everything in place and not much last minute rushing around to be done.

The boys and I stocked up on fireworks in advance




For the "At Taiyib" family and many more throughout Brunei, Hair Raya is all about bringing families near and far together. This Hari Raya (as in prevous ones) I was amazed by the number of extended families that came to visit us. Especially the ones where we would not recognise each other on the streets, whose parent or grandparent may be a cousin to my parents or grandparents. Sadly I did not take any photogtaphs beause as usual you are only told afterwards of the connection!


As usual we had the obligatory fanily photographs.  Looking back at the years its lovely to see the children growing up.






Here are the two boys ready to go to the mosque with the sinjangs intact!

Fatin with cousins, Muzzy, Icha, Nina and Sophie

With my H3 buddies

And my lovely great aunt "Nini Amit" 

Empah with Fabulous, the No. 1 granddaughter

My friends Itut and Catherine

With the Ho Family

Hari Raya garden lamps

Jack and Ayden with Ian and Muzzy

My parents with cousin Mona

No comments: