Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Not an ordinary Monday

This Monday marked six weeks since I had the appendectomy and much as I was enjoying the easy mornings it was time to face my demons once again at the box.

I must say I could have chosen a better morning to come back to but after 8 weeks away no WOD was going to be a walk in the park. The thought of completing 70 burpees in 16 minutes pushed me over the edge and I only managed 50-something plus as deadlifts are on the no-no list I substituted them with dumbell thrusters - which after several rounds were very difficult. But I did... I came back and I must say its great to be back in the company of my favourite morning people! (And I won't even go to how I am feeling post two days in a row!)




As Donncha had the day off he decided to take our little boat out for a quick spin. First time we have done this just the two of us and it was great to be able to sit where I wanted! And the weather was perfect for it. Roll on the weekend!




No comments: