Thursday, March 06, 2008

Another traffic offense!

I pride myself as being a very careful and considerate driver. I rarely go above the speed limit (whatever it is in Brunei) and I never ever break a red light. But everybody else gets away with it and yesterday I was confident I would too when I took the small left turn  just as the light went red. 

But it just wasn't my day cos the police were waiting for us offenders round the corner and I was pulled aside. I admitted to my mistake and tried the "But....I don't usually do this....." line. He was nice and polite and told me to wait while he went off to write my golden ticket. An image of a 50 dollar note with wings appeared in my mind. Thankfully we do not have a points system (yet) and nobody will check up that I got another ticket 6 months ago - I sound like a broken record now but honestly I really am a good driver!

No comments: