Wednesday, March 05, 2008

It was wet and muddy but what a view!


Last night's hash was at a new site for me. It had rained all day so it was very very muddy. At one stage just below my knees - I jumped out of that bog pretty quickly. We walked along this very picturesque river for a bit then after that we just seemed to climb and climb - not easy being wet and slippery. I am much more comfortable with the jungle now and even did half of the walk by myself following the trusted paper trail. Though I disliked the bog area with the really tall grass - reminded me too much of big snakes scenes on National Geographic.

After what seemed like eternal climbing out of the jungle we suddenly came onto a ridge with the view below. Somehow we were in the middle of town. What a fantastic walk. 


There was a bus waiting for us at the end to take us back to where we started. It was probably my dirtiest hash yet and I was ever so relieved to get out of the bus for some fresh air!

No comments: