Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Singapore Flyer

The kids and I are in Singapore this week accompanying my parents and treating ourselves to a break. Our first outing was Singapore's equivalent to the London Eye, the Singapore Flyer. Wanting to avoid the tourists, we got there very early and it was virtually empty. So much so that we were in a pod all by ourselves - which we thought "GREAT... It's just us"....


This is our's coming up.

And WE'RE OFF. GREAT to have all the space to ourselves. EXCEPT ....Ayden and Jack started getting nervous to the point of expressing "I want to get down!!!" sentiments. I myself am not very good at heights and felt rather shaky at the knees and for a long time could not go to the edges! Probably the extra company in the pod would have been better for us!

Jack was probably the most vocal!

We're right at the top now and my knees are really shaking and I'm telling Iman not to stand too close to the windows!!!! But what a view!

A miracle picture!

And Jack is getting pretty excited by this stage!

Right at the top!

And we start the descent. Great picture by Iman. For us going down was worse than going up and from this point onwards Ayden was persistently repeating "I want to go down now!"

And Jack's facial expressions just says it all! It was a great experience but don't think we will be doing it again anytime soon. But saying that as soon as we jumped off the pod Ayden said "WOW... that was awesome!!!"


No comments: