Thursday, February 18, 2010

Welcoming the Year of the Tiger



We kept our Chinese New Year visits to a minimum this year so that we may get to this particular house in time which we did. I think the last time I saw a full lion dance at a house for Chinese New Year I was a child so I found the whole thing fascinating. Luckily Iman had plenty of friends there which made her "brave" enough not to have to cling on to me especially with the endless fire crakers. Poor Ayden was so terrified that he clung on and eventually fell asleep! Jack chose not to come with us instead accompanying my parents (excuse us...!).

I never realized that the lions actually go into the house to bless the home.

The team supporting the lions

Pinkie and Blackie I guess!

Iman bravely fed Pinkie a red envelope!

And Pinkie got fed many!

So much that I think they needed a rest...

...so that Pinkie could go for the big one which was skill for a guy who's probably been on the go the whole day! And my guess was they probably went on after this!

Getting into a bit of a frenzy here....

And the evening finished off with some great fireworks - fab evening and amongst friends and very welcoming hosts!

No comments: