Thursday, June 26, 2014

My Last Jungle Runs

Its now the end of June and time to say goodbye to our friends before the skip, hop and jump that we will soon do. Tuesdays will never been the same for me again. Almost every Tuesday for the last six years have been taken up with jungle runs with the exclusive Ladies Hash. It was through this fantastic group of women that I grew to love the jungle. Nothing beats the quiet of the jungle save for the sound of insects and running water, though for most patches of jungle around the Bandar area you are never too far away from the sound of traffic. But aside from the jungle its also the wonderful friends I have made in this group - I am going to miss them all very much especially on Tuesday evenings at 5:15 when the horn goes for everyone to run off.

Last week together with my friend Anna I laid a run for the last time. And as it was my last we laid a cracker for the girls. My GPS had tracked 4.6 kilometres of pure ups and downs but once the girls ran in, most recorded between 5-6k and even one 7k. The runners completed it in an hour and a half and the last two came out in the dark after walking two and a half hours. But with plenty of hills, endless stream crossings and a lovely waterfall thrown in they all loved it. And Anna and I loved laying it too!






And this week was the last run I ran which was at Lucky Gardens, one off my all time favourite sites and one I got to know well from walking with Margaret. Lucky Gardens over the years has gotten smaller as more and more of it is razed away. Hopefully that will be it for a while. Its still very beautiful in there and it was just me and the lovely wide paths which many moons ago were old Gurkha trails.








And what a good run it was. Thank you Ladies. I am most humbled by the "goodbye" I received - you all know who you are. On On....

1 comment:

MrsW said...

Oh the lovely hash, how I miss it... At least you know you'll be back every now and then. Not much of greenery to be seen here...