Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Late Dinner



A normal evening for the kids and I would be dinner by 6 and start winding down for the evening. But the reader will note that if last night was anything to go by the kids are not too keen to wind down too early. I therefore welcomed an invite from my sister Jasmine to have dinner at her place with her in-laws and Hanna's family. My guess was the kids would have a hoot and tire themselves out. But as it turned out the kids were tired by 8, went home ahead of me and crashed into bed - at least Iman and Ayden did.  

Perfect....I was able to have a peaceful meal without anyone on my lap or wanting this or that. Dinner was steamboat which I have not had for a while. A tom yam broth, loads of seafood, vegetables, noodles, soya sauce and a heap loads of chilli. For me it was a late dinner but well worth the wait.

And for dessert....local yellow durian. I am no longer a big durian fan as I used to be. I think I used to eat too much and not feel too good afterwards. I also reckon it has a high GI. I did have two small pieces this evening and enjoyed it.

I got home from my saturday night out by 9:15 and no points for guessing who was still awake!


No comments: