Friday, December 14, 2007

Mr. & Mrs. Rawson

This afternoon we went over to the Ibrahim family home to witness the Nikah of Sarah and Nick Rawson. I have known Sarah most of my life and it was great to see her very beautiful and radiant. It was a lovely nikah ceremony and not like any I have been to before - not that I have witnessed too many. 

It brought me back to our own Nikah in 2000. Donncha said our vows and the talak in english (and he did them very well) and the ceremony to an extent was conducted in english. The difference today was that the sermon was also conducted in english which I found very helpful - and I am sure most of the guests there did too.

It was also very nice that it was a small intimate gathering which one almost craves in Bruneian weddings. I think there's an extra special feel to it when it's a small venue with just your close family and friends witnessing your vows.


The bride with her mother Datin Ludwine, her mother-in-law and niece Nadiya.

Congratulations to the happy couple

No comments: