Friday, December 12, 2008

The Spider Orchid

My mother loves orchids and  have had them in her garden for as long as I can remember. But it has only been recent that I have taken more notice of them. I have never known for orchids to have a flowering season but since last month most of the orchid plants in the garden have flowers and last month on one walk to Bukit Shahbandar the wild orchids were also in bloom. 
And earlier this week Jasmine pointed out to me the Spider Orchid which I totally would have missed. As I say I don't know much about orchids but I'm told this one's rare and seeing it up close I'm not surprised - it's weird but at the same time beautiful. 




2 comments:

SPJ said...

Wow!

Peglar Family said...

Those flowers are amazing! We have nothing like that here in Ireland. Happy Christmas to all of you from all of us in Cork,
Viv