Saturday, October 06, 2007

Hari Raya (Eid) only around the corner

Well, 3 weeks down and one to go. Brunei is getting ready for Hari Raya (almost like the build up to Christmas except without the parties). As usual this year, we are greeting guests for the first couple of days - something we look forward to, enjoy the experience (meeting old and new friends) and then get a chance to relax once it's all over.

This year, Iman will have a few friends from school visiting so it will be interesting to see her in action. Jack will have a ball this year no doubt, hopefully no repeat of last year's escape attempt when he befriended an ambassador's wife and decided that he was going with her in the car.

I've had my wings clipped when I attempted to negotiate a game of golf on the second morning .... no success there.

Meanwhile, I'm off to India for the week - back on Friday. The moon sighting happens on Thursday but everyone is confident that they won't see the moon and Hari Raya will be on Saturday. If somehow my religious friends manage to sight the moon on Thursday, I think I will have to walk home from the airport on Friday for missing the first day.....

No comments: