Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ayden's OK

Our poor Ayden had a bit of a rough ride this week. He came down with vomiting and diarrhea on Thursday which also brought on a fever. In the evening he went down early but by 8:30 woke up and vomitted all over the bed. BIG PANIC and Jack who was still awake handed me the phone to get Sitty back to help clean up. As I cleaned him up and changed him I noticed he was getting a bit warm and warmer and HOT so I gave him paracetamol thinking that would bring down the temprature. But poor Ayden just got hotter and went into CONVULSIONS. Body limp, eyes up to the ceiling and lips slowly going purple. FRANTIC...we called Jasmine and Hanna who both rushed over quickly and helped calm Ayden - convulsions went on for 2-3 minutes before he came round. 
Hanna and I then went to JPMC, a medical facility 5 minutes away from us. (I left poor Jack with Jasmine who was worried that Ayden couldn't breathe). It was only at the hospital that I called Donncha - he and I would only have panicked more had I called earlier and being in Mauritius he could hardly take the next flight home. So poor Ayden was given an intravenous drip and given several injections to combat the fever and tummy bug. He couldn't keep anything down.
We ended up staying two nights after which I had to check us out as we were both getting cabin fever. Ayden still had mild diarrhea but was refusing to drink properly so he was being hooked up to a drip and was loosing it. As soon as I took him home he drank two cups of water and ate a full lunch. Three days on from the start of all this he is doing well, back to his normal self and eating like a horse! Even better his Bapa came home on the day we left hospital which really made his day.
Thanks to all family and friends who sent messages and well wishes!

No comments: