Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Power of a Munster Shirt

All good plans come to nothing when you set out to arrive in a country for meetings immediately after landing but are transferring in Mumbai and travelling Air Mauritius. So, Sunday evening and night was spent sitting in Mumbai airport while a late plane and complete power failures in the airport combined to leave me landing in Mauritius 7 hours later than expected.

So straight to the bank and directly into a meeting with the GM and senior chaps convincing them that the unshaven chap, in jeans and a rugby top could be trusted and they should agree to work with us.

A first for me then - I was able to shower in the bank before presenting to their wider management team - I was probably beginning to show signs of wear at that stage....

As for my continuing review of the underbelly of the world's hotel offerings..... I'm glad I'm not spending a lot of money to come to stay in this resort - you know the type... all the boxes are ticked but yet, the place has no athmosphere. As usual with the resorts outside of Asia, the cover band was terrible..... if I hear 'Leaving on a Jet Plane' once more.......

No comments: