Sunday, September 07, 2008

Heading back to Cork

This week is unusual in that I will spend the weekend away from home - I'm off to join some old friends to play golf in Cork (Kinsale to be exact). Even though Brunei is certainly home for me these days, there is always that Cork Boy lurking within and it comes to the fore when I get the chance to go back. Unfortunately, it means that I will be away for two weeks as I will be in London this week and Bangkok next so I will miss Maria and the kids but it's a once a year thing.
Of course, for those that know us well, it's also our wedding anniversary on Wednesday (technically we were married today on the 8th but that's a long story) so we spend another wedding anniversary apart (at least this year, Maria and the kids are at home and not in Cork with my parents while I play golf!).

For those who are wondering what Cork is like ..........

3 comments:

Cookiedough said...

Awwwww...I hadn't realized how much I missed Cork until I watched the video! St. Patrick's Street, Oliver Plunkett, my usual haunts all my years there. The best time I had was when I lived right on Grand Parade, just 5 minutes away from the English Market & my all-time favourite cafe Tribes on Tuckey Street.

Believe it or not, one of my classmates back then had mentioned something about one of his Irish friends (or friend of a friend) who had just got married to a Bruneian. Thinking back, he may have been talking about you & Maria. What a small world! Happy Anniversary!

Thanks for the memories! Have a safe journey!

Donncha said...

Hi Cookiedough

Glad you enjoyed the video - English Market for fresh oysters and a walk around Cork listening to shouts of 'Echo'. I will spend the next couple of weeks loosing my Cork accent after my visit.

It is a small world after all

SPJ said...

So do give me a shout if you're over Chiswick way while in London... & happy anniversary! xx