Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Shortsighted!

Bunga Api - literally flowers of fire

The new moon for Eid has been sighted all over the world - the Middle East and Europe celebrated today and South East Asia tomorrow. We in Brunei missed the new moon this evening so we fast again tomorrow and start our celebrations on Thursday. Hmmmm.....the kids (and Donncha!) were a bit confused as to why Hari Raya is not for another day. Nevermind I'm not going to get technical so Thursday it is.
I forgot to mention earlier that Rizal and Nurul are here to celebrate the first couple of days with us - well that was the plan but now they will only be with us for the first day before leaving Thursday evening. I will post pictures soon.
Today I stocked up on fireworks for fun with the kids over Hari Raya. I went a bit mad but hey if we were in the UK what I spent would buy me a couple of boxes of cheap range Christmas crackers in Harrods....saying that I feel much better about it already. 
To all our friends and family outside Brunei (rest of world) all the McCarthys wish you 

Eid Mubarak
&
Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri
Maaf Zahir & Batin

No comments: