Wednesday, January 21, 2009

All Night Long....

For over a week we have had our fair share of rain and storms but nothing prepared us for the rain storm that we experienced last night. I can honestly say I have never seen so much rain in my life and it lasted over 5 hours. Today a good part of the country is without electricity and will probably go another night without it as the main power station was flooded. Certain areas experienced floods and driving around today I could see houses being emptied to be cleaned. There have also been minor landslides including several houses collapsing killing at least one woman. I myself was lucky to get home from the hash. We had to go further up the road to send my friend nellie home and had to drive through two flooded sections of the road. Luckily we were able to go though without much problems but many others couldn't drive through and I understand that the waters did not recede until 3 or 4am. Thankfully we had some blue sky today and is hasn't rained again tonight. Touch wood we get a break from the rain for a while. 





No comments: