Thursday, January 22, 2009

Time for the lions to dance

It only happens once a month and on that one Sunday the kids are guaranteed to be giddy with excitement. What am I talking about....kids hash of course. And the one last sunday was even more special as it was the Chinese New Year run. 

"I can go up by myself"

Ayden enjoyed being carried around. 
It was also great to have David Abberton with us.

Ayden enjoying hot dog after his "run"

Being a special run the kids got tshirts and there was also a lion dance. Probably the closest the kids (and me!) have been to one of these performances. The troupe came from a Chinese school in Labi and they were fantastic. Ayden and Jack were terrified when the drums started and Iman clung on but did manage to let go and take a closer look. We were handed out red envelopes to feed to the lions for luck but Iman wouldn't do so in the end I had to. By which stage the lions had worked up into a frenzy that it was not easy to get to its mouth and now I'm wondering if I was supposed to put money into it first!




This little guy on the drums was great!

The Daddy hashers giving the lion a "real envelope" for plenty of hashing luck! On On... 

No comments: